Scouting at Nummen Eränkävijät is a wonderful means of learning new things about nature, yourself, other people and your own living environment. Nummen Eränkävijät is the biggest local scouting group in the Hämeenlinna city area providing scouting programme for people of all ages. Scouting at Nummen Eränkävijät is all about doing things together: hiking, camping, practising first aid, making crafts and honing your woodcrafting skills in the great outdoors.
Everyone is welcome to join Scouting at Nummen Eränkävijät and there is no maximum age limit. The essence of scouting comes from engaging in diverse activities together with others and interacting with a wide variety of people. Where you come from is not important. All you need is a willingness to get involved. In addition to our own events, Scouts arrange large-scale events and camps. They provide an amazing opportunity to meet your peers from all over Finland and the world. Scouting is also an excellent hobby for adults, and it is never too late to join. Adults can, for example:
– help in organizing camps and weekend trips to the wood
– lead groups or assist in leading groups (normally once a week 1,5 hours)
– help with support functions such as running the organization, cooking at a weekend trip, organizing activities for leaders or kids, participating in community efforts
– participate in bigger projects such as development projects or large camps
What do you get from scouting?
– possibility to do good
– possibility to support young people in their personal growth either directly by working with them or indirectly by working in the support functions
– bunch of new friends and a community worth belonging to
– new experiences and wilderness skills
– support in your work from peers, trainings and courses and possibility for self-development in the long run
All children from the age of seven, youngsters or adults can join Nummen Eränkävijät. Even families with smaller children can join our family scouting group to get acquainted with Scouting. Children and youngsters with need for special support can join our sisu group, a special supported scouting group.
For further information, contact us: email@example.com